VAT can be a complicated and daunting area for any individual or business that needs to be registered. We can help ease the burden by dealing with all VAT-related administration.
VAT registration is required where the value of taxable supplies exceeds the registration limits – £85,000 from 1 April 2018.
Individuals, partnerships, companies, clubs and associations and charities may all need to be VAT-registered. Our expert team can steer you through the sometimes complex details of VAT, providing guidance and advice and dealing with all aspects of the registration, claim and return process, including:
- Preparing and submitting VAT registration applications
- Advising on whether a voluntary registration may be of benefit – there can be cost savings for your business
- Timing of when you may need to register
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Advising on what rate of VAT you should be charging on your sales and what VAT you can reclaim on your costs
- Advising on which of the VAT special schemes may be available and of benefit to you such as cash accounting, the flat rate scheme, annual accounting or a retail scheme
Making Tax Digital
From 1 April 2019 all VAT registered businesses with turnover over the VAT registration threshold (£85,000 from 1 April 2018) will be required to file their VAT returns in a digital format. For advice on MTD email Gemma Hart or Melanie Deacon from our Making Tax Digital team or call 01494 552162