October Newsletter 2019
NHS pensions made news this year, with consultants and GPs blaming large tax bills, linked to pension statements, for making some work ‘uneconomic’. Why should high-earning power, coupled with pension provision, spell trouble – even for top-earners outside the NHS? We consider this issue and more.
- Curing the top-earner pensions tax problem
- Making Tax Digital for VAT: re-examining the key points
- How can SMEs help to tackle climate change?
- Brexit and its impact on workforces
- Keeping pace with property tax changes
- HMRC applies brakes to domestic reverse charge
- Business and Tax Round-up:
- TPR warns changing name of a business ‘doesn’t change pensions duties’
- Fraud ‘costing UK businesses £130 billion each year’, report suggests
- CIOT, IFS and IfG urge Chancellor to ‘take a new approach to making tax policy’
- New OTS project aims to explore simplifying tax reporting for the self-employed
- Web Watch
- Reminders for your diary
Check the link below to see our October 2019 newsletter in PDF format