Personal Assistant to the Managing Director
Location: High Wycombe, HP11
Seymour Taylor is an award winning firm of Accountants operating as part of the Hampden Group. We offer the services of a large corporate accountancy firm with the personal touch normally associated with a smaller accountancy practice. As one of the longest established firms of accountants in High Wycombe and the Thames Valley, our highly experienced team of accountants, tax and business advisers offer a wealth of expertise to our clients.
What we offer
Our office is about 10 minutes’ walk from High Wycombe town centre and we provide all staff with free on-site parking. This role offers a competitive salary, life insurance, permanent health cover, pension, flexi-time and 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with service.
Understanding, Support and Expertise – do you share these values too? We’d love to hear from you!
As a well-established, expanding, forward thinking firm we are looking for someone to replace our current Personal Assistant to our Managing Director as she is retiring.
In this full-time position you will support the Managing Director on a day to day basis with administration tasks and diary management; act on the MD’s behalf, liaising with all companies and staff within the group to obtain information to produce reports and to ensure the MD and the company is being represented to the best advantage.
You will work closely with Marketing to manage the MD’s projects, attend meetings and take minutes, provide an excellent service to our clients and cover other support roles when the need arises.
This is a busy and varied role which requires a strong, confident professional with a minimum of ten years’ experience in a PA role.
- At least 10 years of experience as a PA working for Board level Directors in a busy environment
- Effective communicator at all levels with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation skills – logical and methodical and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills; especially proficient in using Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information discreetly
- A flexible approach to accommodate ever changing priorities
- The ability to remain calm whilst adapting to daily challenges
- Experience in event management
Key expected behaviour traits
- To live by our core company values
- To lead by example and perform to the best of your ability
- To be compliant with rules, regulations and procedures
- Encourage others to speak freely even if they are expressing views different to your own
- Invite and welcome feedback
- Take ownership for getting your needs met and give feedback so people hear your needs
- Keep communication channels open at all levels
The Seymour Taylor recruitment process will be conducted on the basis of merit and ability without discrimination of but not limited to race, religion, colour, gender, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status to ensure all applicants are treated equally.
Please email your CV and covering letter to